As a representative of the School, each student is encouraged to achieve the highest standards of etiquette and professionalism.
- No gum or candy allowed in class.
- No talking during instruction.
- No hanging on the barres at any time.
- No food or beverages (except water) allowed in the studios.
- Cellphones should be turned off and put away during class.
- Mirrors should not be touched at any time.
- Do not play or place any objects on the pianos.
- The teacher needs to be treated with the utmost respect at all times.
- The faculty and accompanists should be properly thanked after each class.
- Studios should be clean and tidy upon departure.
- If this general etiquette is not followed, the teacher has the right to dismiss the dancer from class.
Dress Code and Appearance
Dressing may be done in the studio dressing rooms.
Each student is expected to secure their hair in a neat and secure bun, hair off the face at all times. For the student’s own safety, there will be no jewelry worn in class. (including watches, necklaces and dangling earrings.) All students must be in proper ballet attire for class.
All dancers are responsible for wearing the correct dress code for their class level. If the dancer does not have the correct attire, the student may be asked to watch the class.
Dancers will have a 10 minute grace period for lateness. They need to ask permission from the teacher to enter the class. If they arrive more than 10 minutes late, they are to watch class. If they arrive more than 10 minutes late and have another class or rehearsal following, they will be allowed to warm up themselves and join their next class or rehearsal.
It is typical to spend more than one year at each level. Your child may not be promoted every year. The changing of levels in the School is always decided with your child’s best interest and advancement in mind. If a child is promoted too soon, then he or she will miss some very valuable training. These children also struggle in the next level, which is unnecessary and even dangerous. The dancers in the School will be placed with care and consideration at all levels of training.
Each student enrolled will be evaluated by the faculty at the end of each term to ascertain progress and determine their placement for the following term. The first evaluations will be for Summer Session recommendations. The final evaluations will be for the following year’s placement. Progress is closely evaluated for each individual throughout the year.