Ballet Hawaii is a 501(c)3 nonprofit arts organization that offers performances, training, and outreach in our islands. Maintaining the ballet’s standard of excellence involves annual expenses that exceed what is received through tuition and ticket sales. Your generous donations cover about 37% of operating expenses each year. This is why your contribution is so very important to us.
Each year Ballet Hawaii
• Offers over 500 young people training in our Honolulu and Waiphau dance schools, with live piano accompaniment for pre-ballet through advanced-level students.
• Conducts a Summer Intensive Program that attracts students from around the world and features internationally-renowned teachers.
• Produces major full-length ballets involving the Ballet Hawaii student ensemble and Guest Artists from professional companies.
• Provides outreach programs throughout the community to reach new audiences and create more interest in dance.
• Stages an annual Hawaii-themed The Nutcracker involving over 185 dance students with accompaniment by the Hawaii Symphony Orchestra.